Management Development Program
Due to rapid change and ongoing industry consolidations and transformations, progressive organizations are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of effective leadership at every level of management. This program contains the principles and strategies for maximizing leadership effectiveness and accelerating career growth. Combining the power of introspection, knowledge, skills and an application driven methodology, this high energy experiential session provides proven and practical solutions that will maximize your business performance. This internationally recognized program returns solid dividends and positively impacts leadership effectiveness for all those who participate.
Course Outcomes / Objectives:
- A stronger sense of personal leadership responsibility
- A scalable and consistent performance management methodology
- Improved decision making
- Proactive leadership in reactive environments
- Priority driven time management abilities
- Improved management planning and action mapping
- Greater influence on behavioral conduct, activity and performance
- Accelerate organizational change
- Convert work groups into high performance teams
- Source and select higher quality candidates
- Higher job standards and performance goals
- Solidify the entire employee development process
- More effective and consistent feedback and coaching
- Improved communication and employee feedback
- Reenergize and motivate senior employees
- Enhance job satisfaction and stress reduction
- Forecast more predictable and accurate departmental results
- Strategies for leading virtual employees
- Employee retention strategies
- Creation of personal leadership development plans
- Accelerated revenue growth and profitability
Specific Competencies Addressed by Program Objectives & Outcomes:
- Decision Quality
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Innovation Management
- Strategic Agility
- Timely Decision Making
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
- Developing Direct Reports
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Command Skills
- Conflict Management
- Confronting Direct Reports
- Hiring and Staffing
- Sizing Up People
Personal and Interpersonal Skills:
- Caring About Direct Reports
- Fairness to Direct Reports
- Motivating Others
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Self Development
- Work / Life Balance
Pre-Work / Follow-up / Management Leadership Tookit:
Listen Up Leader, a soft copy book, is the suggested pre-work assignment involving less than 30 minutes on the part of each participant. The book communicates the importance of leadership from an employee perspective. All participants will also be asked to make a formal introduction at the opening of the workshop providing the following items:
- How they see their role as a leader and manager.
- Current priorities and challenges.
- Business goals covering 6 to 12 months.
- Specific workshop objectives.
Post workshop follow-up includes a series of communications and recommendations regarding implementation strategies and progressions that were detailed on each attendee’s Tactical Map. Each Tactical Map should be shared with each attendee’s immediate supervisor and internal coaches for regular review and updates. Tactical Maps should be updated, at minimum, quarterly and include a team development plan.
All participants will complete a Career Architect Personal Leadership Development Plan that will also be reviewed regularly by their immediate supervisor and internal coaches. This plan will be updated quarterly and will be relevant for a period of 18 to 24 months or longer.
A Management Leadership Effectiveness Assessment document is a communication and coaching tool that will be utilized between each participant and their immediate supervisor a minimum of twice yearly.
The participant guide (Leadership Playbook) is robust with tools and exercises that will be used regularly for years to come by each participant. A Management Leadership Toolkit is provided as a program deliverable and also delivered in soft copy for continuous duplication.
- Senior Managers
- High Potential Individual Contributors